In this guide, we will take a look at how to create a Google Group for use as a mailing list or collaborative inbox.
- Visit https://groups.google.com and log in with your Google Workspace account.
- Click on "Create group" at the top of the menu to the left.
- Fill in the form in the pop up window and click "Next".
- Choose your privacy settings and click "Next". A decent starting point is the following.
- Who can join: Only invited users
- Who can view conversations: Group members
- Who can post: Anyone on the web (need if you intend to use the group as a mailing list).
- Who can view members: Group members.
- Enter the email addresses of the people you wish to add to the group in the first field. Choose "Each email"as subscription for the group to function as a mailing list. Click "Create group".
You are done and the group is ready to use.